Making a late booking
It may be possible for applicants to make late bookings for practical exams at Public Venues and Private Visits, if space is available. We are unable to accept any late bookings for Music Theory exams.
You should not rely on late booking to secure an exam slot. Any available slots are likely to be limited and we cannot guarantee that you will be able to book an exam once booking periods have closed or a Private Visit has been confirmed.
Late booking for practical exams at Public Venues
- Exam slots will become available for late booking once the booking period has closed and we’ve confirmed the timetables. This is usually around two weeks after the closing date.
- In addition to any slots available when timetables are confirmed, new slots will become available throughout the session as a result of cancellations.
- When you make a late booking, you can select an exact date and time, as the timetables have been fixed and we know exactly which slots are available.
- You can book candidates into available slots up to 48 hours before the exam time.
Late booking for practical exams at Private Visits
- If space is available, Visit Organisers and Permitted Applicants can add candidates as late bookings once the Private Visit has been confirmed (28 days before the visit start date).
- You can only add candidates as late bookings if space is available within your confirmed visit dates and times. We finalise visits as full days or half days and we cannot add further days or extend a half day to a full day once the visit has been confirmed.
- You can book candidates into available space up to 48 hours (two full days) before the visit start date.